Computerized Multi-Gas Calibration System
The Environics® Series 6100 Computerized Multi-Gas Calibration System is a computer controlled, state-of-the-art instrument for dynamic multi-point gas calibration of ambient air analyzers.
NEW! Both in service and new Series 6100 can be optimized for low levels of ozone, down to 2 ppb repeatably at no extra cost! For in service units, we optimize the calibration and no new parts are required. To learn more Contact Us!
The Series 6100 automatically performs zero, precision, span and multi-point calibrations using NO, NO2, SO2, CO, 03, hydrocarbons and other gases of interest. The 6100 meets all U.S. Environmental Protection Agency requirements.
The Series 6100 consists of a single chassis supporting up to 3 thermal mass flow controllers, an ozone generation module, a mixing zone, a reaction chamber for gas phase titration, and control electronics.
Commands are entered from the front panel and displayed on a backlit 4 line by 20 character liquid crystal display. The instrument may also be remotely operated using contact closures or the RS-232 serial data interface, both are standard in the Series 6100.
The 6100 comes standard with two mass flow controllers, but a third can be added to support a larger range of dilutions. The mass flow controllers are calibrated to a NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) traceable primary standard. The calibration data consists of a comparison of desired versus actual flow over the full dynamic range of the instrument with linear interpolation between points. Calibration data is stored in non-volatile memory and may be updated by the user with a suitable standard.
The Series 6100 ozone generator is factory calibrated using a NIST traceable ozone standard. This temperature controlled, ultra-violet (UV) based ozone generator includes a precision photo-optical feedback circuit to compensate for lamp aging effects.
The Series 6100 is available in either a standard rack mount or portable configuration.
PRODUCT FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- User-friendly interactive software with plain language prompts is simple to use, reducing technician training time and virtually eliminating error.
- Automatic calculation of dilution and span gas flows based on commanded concentration eliminates the need for manual computation and allows rapid transition from point to point.
- Internally-stored mass flow controller calibration data improves accuracy by as much as a factor of ten and simplifies field recalibration. Mass flow controllers are factory calibrated at 11 points.
- Internally-stored ozone generator calibration data insures linear, repeatable ozone generation without photometer control to a stable and repeatible 2 ppb. Ozone generator performance meets U.S. EPA criteria for ozone transfer standards.
- Ozone generator pressure compensation ensures repeatable and stable ozone generation at pressures other than the original calibration pressure.
- Full, two-way RS-232 Serial Data Interface (standard) permits remote operation of the instrument including data collection, gas selection, initiation of zero, span and multi-point calibrations.
- Concentration Mode: In response to software prompting, user selects gas port, span (cylinder) gas concentration, output gas flow (total) and output gas concentration. Series 6100 automatically delivers concentrations at the total flow specified.
- Generate Ozone: Allows user to specify, then generate a precise concentration of ozone.
- Gas Phase Titration: Utilizes blend and generate ozone routines to lead user through GPT using "excess NO" method.
- Flow Mode: Allows user to manually command a desired rate of flow for each mass flow controller, individually or together, and with or without ozone.
- Display: Allows user to monitor flow rates for each mass flow controller separately. Also provides ozone oven block temperature during generate ozone and gas phase titration routines.
- Maintain Ports: User enters the name of the span gas in the source cylinder, its concentration (ppm) and the port to which the cylinder is connected.
Concentration: ± 1.0% setpoint
Flow: ± 1.0% setpoint
Flow Repeatability: ± 0.05% F.S.O.
Warm up time: 30 minutes
* Performance specifications are valid when all Mass Flow Controllers are operating between 10% and 100% of full scale flow.
Mass flow controllers are calibrated using a NIST traceable Primary Flow Standard, using a Reference Temperature of 25°C (77°F) and a Reference Pressure of 760 mm Hg (29.92 in. Hg)
Concentration Range: 0.02 - 0.5 ppm at 5 - 10 slpm
Optional Ranges: NEW! 2 ppb low ozone; 0.05 - 1.0 ppm at 5 - 10 slpm
Accuracy: /- 2% or /- 0.003 ppm
Repeatability: /- 2% or /- 0.003 ppm (for 30 days)
Inlets Balance: External 1/4" Swagelok*
Span(s): External 1/4" Swagelok*
One external 1/4" Swagelok*
*(or compatible fitting)
Operating Pressures at inlets (flow dependent)
Minimum: 20 psig (1.38 Bar)
Nominal: 25 psig (1.72 Bar)
Maximum: 30 psig (2.07 Bar)
MFCs: Stainless Steel
Glass Chambers: Pyrex®
32° - 122° F (0° - 50° C)
Performance Temperature Range
59° - 95° F (15° - 35° C)
Standard: 20 lbs.
Including Options: 30 lbs.
Dimensions (w x h x d)
Portable: 17" x 7" x 15"
Rack: 19" x 7" x 15"
Voltage: 100 to 250 VAC, 50/60 Hz
Current: 2 Amps (maximum)
Front panel keypad
Internal timer control
RS-232 serial data interface
I/O control (8 inputs / 8 outputs)
RS-232 serial data interface
I/O Control (8 inputs / 8 outputs)
- Rack Mount
- Extra Gas Inlets
- Solenoid Valve on Output
- Permeation Oven
- 3rd Mass Flow Controller