Computerized Multi-Gas Calibration System
The Environics® Series 6100 Computerized Multi-Gas Calibration System is a computer controlled, state-of-the-art instrument for dynamic multi-point gas calibration of ambient air analyzers.
The Series 6100 automatically performs zero, precision, span and multi-point calibrations using NO, NO2, SO2, CO, 03, hydrocarbons and other gases of interest. The 6100 meets all U.S. Environmental Protection Agency requirements.
The Series 6100 consists of a single chassis supporting up to 3 thermal mass flow controllers, an ozone generation module, a mixing zone, a reaction chamber for gas phase titration, and control electronics.
Commands are entered from the front panel and displayed on a backlit 4 line by 20 character liquid crystal display. The instrument may also be remotely operated using contact closures or the RS-232 serial data interface, both are standard in the Series 6100.
The 6100 comes standard with two mass flow controllers, but a third can be added to support a larger range of dilutions. The mass flow controllers are calibrated to a NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) traceable primary standard. The calibration data consists of a comparison of desired versus actual flow over the full dynamic range of the instrument with linear interpolation between points. Calibration data is stored in non-volatile memory and may be updated by the user with a suitable standard.
The Series 6100 ozone generator is factory calibrated using a NIST traceable ozone standard. This temperature controlled, ultra-violet (UV) based ozone generator includes a precision photo-optical feedback circuit to compensate for lamp aging effects.
The Series 6100 is available in either a standard rack mount or portable configuration.
PRODUCT FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- User-friendly interactive software with plain language prompts is simple to use, reducing technician training time and virtually eliminating error.
- Automatic calculation of dilution and span gas flows based on commanded concentration eliminates the need for manual computation and allows rapid transition from point to point.
- Internally-stored mass flow controller calibration data improves accuracy by as much as a factor of ten and simplifies field recalibration. Mass flow controllers are factory calibrated at 11 points.
- Internally-stored ozone generator calibration data insures linear, repeatable ozone generation without photometer control. Ozone generator performance meets U.S. EPA criteria for ozone transfer standards.
- Ozone generator pressure compensation ensures repeatable and stable ozone generation at pressures other than the original calibration pressure.
- Full, two-way RS-232 Serial Data Interface (standard) permits remote operation of the instrument including data collection, gas selection, initiation of zero, span and multi-point calibrations.
- Concentration Mode: In response to software prompting, user selects gas port, span (cylinder) gas concentration, output gas flow (total) and output gas concentration. Series 6100 automatically delivers concentrations at the total flow specified.
- Generate Ozone: Allows user to specify, then generate a precise concentration of ozone.
- Gas Phase Titration: Utilizes blend and generate ozone routines to lead user through GPT using "excess NO" method.
- Flow Mode: Allows user to manually command a desired rate of flow for each mass flow controller, individually or together, and with or without ozone.
- Display: Allows user to monitor flow rates for each mass flow controller separately. Also provides ozone oven block temperature during generate ozone and gas phase titration routines.
- Maintain Ports: User enters the name of the span gas in the source cylinder, its concentration (ppm) and the port to which the cylinder is connected.
Concentration: ± 1.0% setpoint
Flow: ± 1.0% setpoint
Flow Repeatability: ± 0.05% F.S.O.
Warm up time: 30 minutes
* Performance specifications are valid when all Mass Flow Controllers are operating between 10% and 100% of full scale flow.
Mass flow controllers are calibrated using a NIST traceable Primary Flow Standard, using a Reference Temperature of 25°C (77°F) and a Reference Pressure of 760 mm Hg (29.92 in. Hg)
Concentration Range: 0.02 - 0.5 ppm at 5 - 10 slpm
Optional Ranges: 0.05 - 1.0 ppm at 5 - 10 slpm
Accuracy: /- 2% or /- 0.003 ppm
Repeatability: /- 2% or /- 0.003 ppm (for 30 days)
Inlets Balance: External 1/4" Swagelok*
Span(s): External 1/4" Swagelok*
One external 1/4" Swagelok*
*(or compatible fitting)
Operating Pressures at inlets (flow dependent)
Minimum: 20 psig (1.38 Bar)
Nominal: 25 psig (1.72 Bar)
Maximum: 30 psig (2.07 Bar)
MFCs: Stainless Steel
Glass Chambers: Pyrex®
32° - 122° F (0° - 50° C)
Performance Temperature Range
59° - 95° F (15° - 35° C)
Standard: 20 lbs.
Including Options: 30 lbs.
Dimensions (w x h x d)
Portable: 17" x 7" x 15"
Rack: 19" x 7" x 15"
Voltage: 100 to 250 VAC, 50/60 Hz
Current: 2 Amps (maximum)
Front panel keypad
Internal timer control
RS-232 serial data interface
I/O control (8 inputs / 8 outputs)
RS-232 serial data interface
I/O Control (8 inputs / 8 outputs)
- Rack Mount
- Extra Gas Inlets
- Solenoid Valve on Output
- Permeation Oven
- 3rd Mass Flow Controller