VOC Gas Dilution System
The Environics® Series 2014 VOC Gas Dilution System is a microprocessor based gas dilution system designed for the preparation of calibration standards used for VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) monitoring programs. This system stands out from competitors in its ability to generate infinitely varied concentrations within the operating range of the instrument.
The Series 2014 can be used to dynamically produce ppb level standards from ppm level cylinder gases.
|Series 2014 with Optional Humidification|
EPA methods for VOC's specify a dynamic dilution to produce the initial multi-point calibration as well as the required daily and pre-sample calibration at the nominal 10 ppb level.
The Series 2014 employs mass flow controllers calibrated to a NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) traceable primary standard. All gas wetted surfaces are electropolished stainless steel to minimize absorption effects at ppb levels. Seals are gas compatible elastomers. A heated flow path is provided.
Commands are entered from the front panel and displayed on a backlit 25 line by 80 character liquid crystal display. Calibration sequences are stored in the internal microprocessor for recall by the keypad, optional RS-232 communications or optional status interface.
Humidification and pressurization options are available.
A purge circuit allows for nitrogen purge of the gas wetted surfaces to minimize contamination.
The Series 2014 is available in either a standard 19" rack mount or bench top configuration.
PRODUCT FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Dynamic mixing with automatic computation of component and balance gas flow rates allows the user to formulate ppb standards and vary the concentration.
- Minimizes inventory of expensive, long lead time, VOC gas cylinders. Save on gas costs, cylinder rental and handling labor.
- Computerized K-factor correction insures accurate use of all gases based on thermal density.
- Internally-stored mass flow controller calibration data improves accuracy.
- High capacity memory permits storage and recall of up to 200 multi-component "recipes", saving time and reducing errors.
- 25 line by 80 character display permits viewing of data in worksheet form.
- Modular design allows user to add additional gas circuits later, reducing initial investment and protecting against obsolescence.
- Optional RS-232 Serial Data Interface permits remote operation and complete integration with a data station.
- Optional Status board allows user to remotely activate different modes of the system and also activate external devices.
The Series 2014 has six primary routines accessible through on screen "soft" keys.
- Concentration Mode: User enters target output gas concentration for the span gas. The actual concentration is displayed during mixing.
- Flow Mode: User enters target flow rate for each component gas. Actual flow rates are displayed after mixing is initiated.
- Maintain Ports: User enters the name of the component gas in the source cylinder, its concentration and the port to which it is connected.
- Divider Mode: Allows the user to operate the instrument as a computerized ten step gas divider.
- Automatic Sequencer: Permits unattended automatic operation of the instrument on a programmable seven-day schedule.
- Purge Mode: Purge component gas circuits and mixing zone.
Performance (as a percent of setpoint)
From 10 to 100% of Full Scale Flow
Concentration: ± 1.0%
Full Repeatability: ±0.05% of setpoint
*Mass flow controllers are calibrated using a NIST Traceable Primary Flow Standard, using a reference temperature of 0°C (32°F) and a reference pressure of 760 mm Hg (29.92 in. Hg).
Warm up time: 30 minutes
Gas connections: 1/4" Swagelok (or compatible fitting)
Operating Pressures (flow dependent)
Minimum: 10 psig (0.67 Bar)
Recommended: 25 psig (1.68 Bar)
Maximum: 75 psig (5.04 Bar)
Tubing: Electropolished 316 Stainless Steel
MFC's: Stainless Steel
Seals: Viton® (Optional - Kalrez®, Buna-N, Neoprene, Metal)
Operating temperature: 32° - 122° F (0° - 50° C)
Performance temperature: 59° - 95° F (15° - 35° C)
Minimum: 35 lbs. (16 Kg.)
Maximum: 70 lbs. (32 Kg.)
Dimensions (w x h x d)
Portable: 17" x 7" x 23.5"
(43.18 cm x 17.78 cm x 59.69 cm)
Rack: 19" x 7" x 23.5"
(48.26 cm x 17.78 cm x 59.69 cm)
Standard: 115 VAC (100 to 130 VAC), 50/60 Hz
Optional: 220 VAC (200 to 260 VAC), 50/60 Hz
Current: 3 Amps (maximum)
Inmos T 400 series, 32 bit processor
12 bit A/D and D/A conversion
Front panel membrane keypad
Internal timer control
RS-232 terminal mode / Remote computer control (optional)
Status board interface (optional)
Other communications options available
Optional RS-232 serial port
Parallel printer port interface
- Serial/Parallel Port Interface
- Status Board
- Solenoid Valve on Output
- Extra Component Gas Port
- Pressurization Package
- Humidification Package
- Custom options available upon request
Viton® and Kalrez® are registered trademarks of Dupont Dow Elastomers