Reduced Oxygen Breathing Device (ROBD)
Licensed from U.S. Navy under U.S. Patent Application No. 10/959.764
The Environics® Series 6202 Reduced Oxygen Breathing Device simulates altitude exposure and can be utilized for both research and training purposes. The U. S. Navy currently uses the ROBD 2 to train aircrew to recognize the signs and symptoms of hypoxia and to perform the appropriate emergency procedures and additionally, conducts hypoxia research.
Key Updates include:
- A new pulse oximeter with touch screen interface
- Enter one flow rate for all altitudes between 40 and 80 LPM
- Breathing bag is replaced with an internal reservoir, generating a faster refresh rate to the mask.
- Addition of an inline Oxygen filter.
- Pulse ox probe connection moved to the rear of the chassis
- HRT is the only program type.