VOC Gas Dilution System
The Environics® Series 4040 VOC Gas Dilution System is a microprocessor based gas dilution system designed for the preparation of calibration standards used for VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) monitoring programs. This system stands out from competitors in its ability to generate infinitely varied concentrations within the operating range of the instrument.
The Series 4040 can be used to dynamically produce ppb level standards from ppm level cylinder gases.
EPA methods for VOC's specify a dynamic dilution to produce the initial multi-point calibration as well as the required daily and pre-sample calibration at the nominal 10 ppb level.
The VOC Dilution Systems employs mass flow controllers calibrated to a NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) traceable primary standard. All gas wetted surfaces are electropolished stainless steel to minimize absorption effects at ppb levels. Seals are gas compatible elastomers. A heated flow path is provided.
Units can now be ordered or retrofit to run on a 24V power source so you can use your unit anywhere.
Humidification and pressurization options are available.
A purge circuit allows for nitrogen purge of the gas wetted surfaces to minimize contamination.
The Series 4040 is available in either a standard rack mount or bench top configuration.
PRODUCT FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Dynamic mixing with automatic computation of component and balance gas flow rates allows the user to formulate ppb standards and vary the concentration.
- Minimizes inventory of expensive, long lead time, VOC gas cylinders. Save on gas costs, cylinder rental and handling labor.
- Computerized K-factor correction insures accurate use of all gases based on thermal density.
- Internally-stored mass flow controller calibration data improves accuracy.
- High capacity memory permits storage and recall of up to 200 multi-component "recipes", saving time and reducing errors.
- Modular design allows user to add additional gas circuits later, reducing initial investment and protecting against obsolescence.
- Standard USB and optional RS-232 Serial Data Interface permits remote operation and complete integration with a data station.
The Series 2014 has six primary routines accessible through on screen "soft" keys.
- Concentration Mode: User enters target output gas concentration for the span gas. The actual concentration is displayed during mixing.
- Flow Mode: User enters target flow rate for each component gas. Actual flow rates are displayed after mixing is initiated.
- Divider Mode: Allows the user to operate the instrument as a computerized ten step gas divider.
Performance (as a percent of setpoint)
From 10 to 100% of Full Scale Flow
Concentration: ± 1.0%
Flow: ± 1.0%
NOTE: Mass flow controllers are calibrated using a NIST Traceable Primary Flow Standard,
using a reference temperature of 0°C (32°F) and a reference pressure of 760 mm Hg (29.92 in. Hg).
Dilution: External 1/4" SwagelokTM
Span(s): External 1/4" SwagelokTM
Ozone source gas: External 1/4" SwagelokTM
Outlet: External 1/4" SwagelokTM
Minimum: 10 psig (0.67 Bar)
Recommended: 25 psig (1.68 Bar)
Maximum: 75 psig (5.04 Bar)
Tubing: Electropolished 316L Stainless Steel
MFC's: Stainless Steel
Operating temperature: 32° - 122° F (0° - 50° C)
Performance temperature: 59° - 95° F (15° - 35° C)
2 MFC System: 18 lbs.
4 MFC System: 23 lbs.
Dimensions (w x h x d)
Portable: 17" x 7" x 15"
(43.18 cm x 17.78 cm x 38.1 cm)
Rack: 19" x 7" x 15"
(48.26 cm x 17.78 cm x 38.1 cm)
100 to 250 VAC, 50/60 Hz; 24V now available
12 Bit A/D and D/A Conversion
USB (standard) or RS232 Serial interface
Environics Instrument Control Software (supplied on CD-ROM or via download)
IBM PC or compatible (486-33 or higher)
Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP or Windows 7/8/10
8 MB RAM
10 MB Hard Disk Space
CD_ROM or access to internet
USB (standard) or RS-232 Communication port
Viton® and Kalrez® are registered trademarks of Dupont Dow Elastomers