Reduced Oxygen Breathing Device 2 (6202)
The Environics® Series 6202 Reduced Oxygen Breathing Device 2 (ROBD2) is the next generation system that simulates altitude exposure and can be utilized for both research and hypoxia training.
New Features of the 6202, available Spring 2016
- A new Nellcor pulse oximeter (Medtonic - Covidien) with touch screen interface
- Enter one flow rate for all altitudes between 40 and 80 LPM
- Breathing bag is replaced with an internal reservoir, generating a faster refresh rate to the mask.
- Addition of an inline Oxygen filter.
- Pulse ox probe connection moved to the rear of the chassis
- HRT is the only program type.
The Environics ROBD2 uses Thermal Mass Flow Controllers (MFC) to mix breathing air and nitrogen to produce the sea level equivalent atmospheric oxygen contents for altitudes up to 34,000 feet. The MFC's are calibrated on a primary flow standard traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). The system introduces pressure changes and gas expansion as a function of altitude. Several safety features are built into the device: prevention of over pressurization of the subject's mask, prevention of reduced oxygen contents below those being requested for a particular altitude and an emergency dump switch that will supply 100% O2 to subjects. The software is menu driven. Built-in self-tests verify all system component functionality before the operation of the system can begin. If any self-test fails the system will not operate. The system is designed to work with both bottled gases and gases produced by a Nitrogen/Air Generator (available separately).