Automotive Gas Divider
The Environics® Series 4040 Automotive Gas Divider is an advanced instrument for the dynamic calibration of automotive or mobile source emissions analyzers. This system stands out from competitors in its ability to generate infinitely varied concentrations within the operating range of the instrument, protecting your investment and giving you the needed flexibility should standards change.
The Series 4040 automatically performs standard ten-step dilutions of all calibration gases in accordance with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency protocols. The system may also be used to generate calibration standards in user specified concentrations (%, ppm or ppb) by dynamic dilution of higher concentration source cylinders.
This system stands out from competitors in its ability to generate infinitely varied concentrations within the operating range of the instrument, protecting your investment and giving you the needed flexibility should standards change.
The mixes are highly repeatable and unlike many dividers, the Environics system is accurate to +/-1% of setpoint.
The Series 4040 consists of a single chassis supporting three thermal mass flow controllers, a serpentine pre-mix zone and a zero dead space final mixing zone. All gas wetted surfaces are electropolished stainless steel, and seals are gas compatible elastomers. The instruments mass flow controllers are factory calibrated using a primary flow standard traceable to the United States National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
PRODUCT FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Automated 10 step divide mode which allows user to specify divide points, dwell time and sequence provides operational flexibility and saves technician time.
- 3 mass flow controller design which allows the user to go as low as a 1% step (% of cylinder gas concentration) with no loss of accuracy. The user can generate a wider range of standards with each cylinder thus saving on gas costs.
- Outputs permit integration with existing and future automotive emissions test benches.
- Gas mixing on a mass flow basis eliminates complicated pressure controls and inaccuracies due to critical orifice erosion and temperature variations.
- Internally-stored mass flow controller calibration data improves accuracy by as much as a factor of ten and simplifies field recalibration.
Performance (as a percent of setpoint)
From 10 to 100% of Full Scale Flow
Concentration: ± 1.0%
Flow: ± 1.0%
NOTE: Mass flow controllers are calibrated using a NIST Traceable Primary Flow Standard,
using a reference temperature of 0°C (32°F) and a reference pressure of 760 mm Hg (29.92 in. Hg).
Dilution: External 1/4" SwagelokTM
Span(s): External 1/4" SwagelokTM
Ozone source gas: External 1/4" SwagelokTM
Outlet: External 1/4" SwagelokTM
Minimum: 10 psig (0.67 Bar)
Recommended: 25 psig (1.68 Bar)
Maximum: 75 psig (5.04 Bar)
Tubing: Electropolished 316L Stainless Steel
MFC's: Stainless Steel
Operating temperature: 32° - 122° F (0° - 50° C)
Performance temperature: 59° - 95° F (15° - 35° C)
2 MFC System: 18 lbs.
4 MFC System: 23 lbs.
Dimensions (w x h x d)
Portable: 17" x 7" x 15"
(43.18 cm x 17.78 cm x 38.1 cm)
Rack: 19" x 7" x 15"
(48.26 cm x 17.78 cm x 38.1 cm)
100 to 250 VAC, 50/60 Hz
12 Bit A/D and D/A Conversion
USB (standard) or RS232 Serial interface
Environics Instrument Control Software (supplied on CD-ROM or via download)
IBM PC or compatible (486-33 or higher)
Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP or Windows 7/8/10
8 MB RAM
10 MB Hard Disk Space
CD_ROM or access to internet
USB (standard) or RS-232 Communication port
Viton® and Kalrez® are registered trademarks of Dupont Dow Elastomers
- Additional input ports (up to 8)
- Additional MFC's (up to 8)
- Heated Flow Path