VOC Gas Dilution System
The Environics® Series 4040 VOC Gas Dilution System is a microprocessor based gas dilution system designed for the preparation of calibration standards used for VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) monitoring programs. This system stands out from competitors in its ability to generate infinitely varied concentrations within the operating range of the instrument.
The Series 4040 can be used to dynamically produce ppb level standards from ppm level cylinder gases.
EPA methods for VOC's specify a dynamic dilution to produce the initial multi-point calibration as well as the required daily and pre-sample calibration at the nominal 10 ppb level.
The VOC Dilution Systems employs mass flow controllers calibrated to a NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) traceable primary standard. All gas wetted surfaces are electropolished stainless steel to minimize absorption effects at ppb levels. Seals are gas compatible elastomers. A heated flow path is provided.
The user interface is a Microsoft® Windows application that communicates with the Environics system via a USB (standard) or RS232 serial interface. Bluetooth enabled devices running Windows software can also control the unit remotely (optional).
Additional options include the ability to remote start, remote stop, and canister filling stop all via a dry contact closure. Optional alarms available and can include visual alarms upon low input cylinder pressure.
Units can now be ordered or retrofit to run on a 24V power source so you can use your unit anywhere.
Humidification and pressurization options are available.
A purge circuit allows for nitrogen purge of the gas wetted surfaces to minimize contamination.
The Series 4040 is available in either a standard rack mount or bench top configuration.
- Dynamic mixing with automatic computation of component and balance gas flow rates allows the user to formulate ppb standards and vary the concentration.
- Minimizes inventory of expensive, long lead time, VOC gas cylinders. Save on gas costs, cylinder rental and handling labor.
- Computerized K-factor correction insures accurate use of all gases based on thermal density.
- Internally-stored mass flow controller calibration data improves accuracy.
- High capacity memory permits storage and recall of up to 200 multi-component "recipes", saving time and reducing errors.
- Modular design allows user to add additional gas circuits later, reducing initial investment and protecting against obsolescence.
- Standard USB and optional RS-232 Serial Data Interface permits remote operation and complete integration with a data station.
- Easy to operate software included. How-to videos available.
- DLL Drivers Available
- Concentration Mode Allows user to create a blend by entering target gas concentrations for each source gas cylinder, and the desired total output flow for the mix.
- Divider Mode Allows the user to operate the instrument as an automated ten step gas divider.
- Flow Mode Allows user to specify the flow rate of each gas cylinder.
- Program/Schedule Modes Provides the ability to program the instrument for unattended operation. Programs can be recalled and run in any sequence, at various times/dates.
- Purge Mode (optional) Allows user to flush the gas flow path from a designated input port. User can define the flow rates used and can purge any combination of component MFCs.
- From 10 to 100% of Full Scale Flow
- Concentration: ± 1.0% setpoint
- Flow: ± 1.0% setpoint
- Repeatability: 0.05%
- Performance specifications are valid when all Mass Flow Controllers are operating between 10% and 100% of full scale flow. Mass flow controllers are calibrated using a NIST traceable Primary Flow Standard, using a Reference Temperature of 0°C (32°F) and a Reference Pressure of 760 mm Hg (29.92 in. Hg).
- Dilution: External 1/4" SwagelokTM
- Span(s): External 1/4" SwagelokTM
- Ozone source gas: External 1/4" SwagelokTM
- Outlet: External 1/4" SwagelokTM
- Operating Pressures
- Minimum: 10 psig (0.67 Bar)
- Recommended: 25 psig (1.68 Bar)
- Maximum: 75 psig (5.04 Bar)
- Wetted Surfaces
- Tubing: Electropolished 316L Stainless Steel
- MFCs: Stainless Steel
- Seals: Viton®
- Operating temperatures -32° - 104° F (0° - 40° C)
- Performance temperature: 59° - 95° F (15° - 35° C)
- 2 MFC System: 18 lbs.
- 4 MFC System: 23 lbs.
- Dimensions (w x h x d)
- Portable: 17" x 7" x 15"
- (43.18 cm x 17.78 cm x 38.1 cm)
- Rack: 19" x 7" x 15"
- (48.26 cm x 17.78 cm x 38.1 cm)
- 100 to 250 VAC, 50/60 Hz; 24V now available
- 12 Bit A/D and D/A Conversion
- USB (standard) or RS232 Serial interface
- Environics Instrument Control Software (supplied on thumbdrive or via download). How-to videos available.
- DLL Drivers Available
- IBM PC or compatible (486-33 or higher)
- Windows 7/8/10
- 1GB RAM
- 100 MB Hard Disk Space
- USB (standard) or RS-232 Communication port
Viton® and Kalrez® are registered trademarks of Dupont Dow Elastomers
- Additional input ports (up to 8)
- Additional MFC's (up to 8)
- Various Seal Materials including Teflon and Kalrez
- Cleaned for Oxygen Service
- Silicon Coated Gas Path
- Purge Circuit
- Heated Flow Path
- Canister Filling
- Explosive Gas system