A low cost, computerized gas dilution system with an advanced Windows user interface, the 4040 now supports up to eight mass flow controllers, allowing a broader range of dilutions (up to 10,000:1).
The Environics® Series 4040 is a computerized gas dilution system that automatically generates precise gas standards for rapid multi-point calibration of analyzers.
The gas mixes can be used in generating precise gas calibration standards, creating gaseous atmospheres or producing gas mixes for analytical research or production purposes. The Series 4040 can produce gas concentrations from percent to ppb levels for single or multi-point calibration, allowing you to use fewer cylinders.
The system consists of two components: the Series 4040 instrument and the user's personal computer. The user interface is a Microsoft® Windows application that communicates with the Environics system via a USB (standard) or RS232 serial interface.
Bluetooth enabled devices running Windows software can also control the unit remotely (optional).
Additional options include the ability to remote start, remote stop, and canister filling stop all via a dry contact closure. Optional alarms available and can include visual alarms upon low input cylinder pressure.
Units can now be ordered or retrofit to run on a 24V power source so you can use your unit anywhere.
The Series 4040 consists of a single chassis now supporting up to eight mass flow controllers. The mass flow controllers are factory calibrated using a primary flow standard traceable to the United State's National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Each flow controller utilizes an 11 point calibration table with linear interpolation, to increase accuracy and reduce flow controller nonlinearity.Download Full Datasheet for Series 4040 (pdf)
- Broad range of dilution ratios (up to 10,000:1) allows the user to significantly reduce the number of cylinders needed to perform compliance tests.
- Allows multi-point calibration of analyzers.
- Automatic calculation of dilution and span gas flows.
- Internally-stored Mass Flow Controller calibration tables.
- Modular design allows for additional gas circuits to be added.
- User definable cylinder library allows for easy selection of frequently used gas cylinders. Each cylinder may contain an unlimited number of component gases with automatic K-factor calculation.
- Easy to operate software included. How-to videos available.
- DLL Drivers Available
- Concentration Mode Allows user to create a blend by entering target gas concentrations for each source gas cylinder, and the desired total output flow for the mix.
- Divider Mode Allows the user to operate the instrument as an automated ten step gas divider.
- Flow Mode Allows user to specify the flow rate of each gas cylinder.
- Program/Schedule Modes Provides the ability to program the instrument for unattended operation. Programs can be recalled and run in any sequence, at various times/dates.
- Purge Mode (optional) Allows user to flush the gas flow path from a designated input port. User can define the flow rates used and can purge any combination of component MFCs.
- Concentration: ± 1.0% setpoint
- Flow: ± 1.0% setpoint
- Flow Repeatability: 0.05%
- Warm up time: 30 minutes
Performance specifications are valid when all Mass Flow Controllers are operating between 10% and 100% of full scale flow. Mass flow controllers are calibrated using a NIST traceable Primary Flow Standard, using a Reference Temperature of 0°C (32°F) and a Reference Pressure of 760 mm Hg (29.92 in. Hg).
- Gas connections: 1/4" Swagelok (or compatible fitting)
- Operating Pressures (flow dependent)
- Minimum: 10 psig (0.67 Bar)
- Recommended: 25 psig (1.68 Bar)
- Maximum: 75 psig (5.04 Bar)
- Wetted Surfaces
- Tubing: Electropolished 316 Stainless Steel
- MFCs: Stainless Steel
- Seals: Viton®
- (Optional: Kalrez®, Buna-N, Neoprene, Metal)
- Operating temperatures -32° - 104° F (0° - 40° C)
- Performance temperatures - 15° - 35° F
- 2 MFC System: 18 lbs.
- 4 MFC System: 23 lbs.
- 8 MFC System: 35 lbs.
- Dimensions (w x h x d)
- Portable: 17" x 7" x 15"
- (43.18 cm x 17.78 cm x 38.1 cm)
- Rack: 19" x 7" x 15"
- (48.26 cm x 17.78 cm x 38.1 cm)
- 100 to 250 VAC, 50/60 Hz; 24V now available
- 12 Bit A/D and D/A Conversion
- USB (standard) or RS232 Serial interface
- Environics Instrument Control Software (supplied on thumbdrive or via download). How-to videos available.
- DLL Drivers Available
- IBM PC or compatible (486-33 or higher)
- Windows 7/8/10
- 1GB RAM
- 100 MB Hard Disk Space
- USB (standard) or RS-232 Communication port
Viton® and Kalrez® are registered trademarks of Dupont Dow Elastomers
- Additional input ports (up to 8)
- Additional MFC's (up to 8)
- Various Seal Materials including Teflon and Kalrez
- Cleaned for Oxygen Service
- Silicon Coated Gas Path
- Purge Circuit
- Heated Flow Path
- Canister Filling
- Explosive Gas system