The Environics® Series 6100 Computerized Multi-Gas Calibration System is a computer controlled, state-of-the-art instrument for dynamic multi-point gas calibration of ambient air analyzers.Download Full Datasheet for Series 6100 (pdf)
The S6100 can now be ordered or retrofit to run on a 24V power source so you can use your unit anywhere.
The Series 6100 automatically performs zero, precision, span and multi-point calibrations using NO, NO2, SO2, CO, 03, hydrocarbons and other gases of interest. The 6100 meets all U.S. Environmental Protection Agency requirements including requirements for Trace-level Ozone gas instruments.
Working with Ammonia? The S6100 can be purchased with an optional NH3 circuit to dilute ammonia without risking the degradation of the ozone circuit.
The Series 6100 consists of a single chassis supporting up to 3 thermal mass flow controllers, an ozone generation module, a mixing zone, a reaction chamber for gas phase titration, and control electronics. Units can be built for 120V, 240V or 24V operation. Common options include permeation and the new ammonia circuit.
Commands are entered from the front panel and displayed on a backlit 4 line by 20 character liquid crystal display. The instrument may also be remotely operated using contact closures or the RS-232 serial data interface, both are standard in the Series 6100.
The 6100 comes standard with two mass flow controllers, but a third can be added to support a larger range of dilutions. The mass flow controllers are calibrated to a NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) traceable primary standard. The calibration data consists of a comparison of desired versus actual flow over the full dynamic range of the instrument with linear interpolation between points. Calibration data is stored in non-volatile memory and may be updated by the user with a suitable standard.
The Series 6100 ozone generator is factory calibrated using a NIST traceable ozone standard. This temperature controlled, ultra-violet (UV) based ozone generator includes a precision photo-optical feedback circuit to compensate for lamp aging effects.
Both in service and new units can be optimized for low levels of ozone, down to 2 ppb repeatably to meet 40 CFR Part 58, Appendix A requirements at NCORE and trace sites!
To learn more Contact Us!
The Series 6100 is available in either a standard rack mount or portable configuration.
- User-friendly interactive software with plain language prompts is simple to use, reducing technician training time and virtually eliminating error.
- Automatic calculation of dilution and span gas flows based on commanded concentration eliminates the need for manual computation and allows rapid transition from point to point.
- Internally-stored mass flow controller calibration data improves accuracy by as much as a factor of ten and simplifies field recalibration. Mass flow controllers are factory calibrated at 11 points.
- Internally-stored ozone generator calibration data insures linear, repeatable ozone generation without photometer control to a stable and repeatible 2 ppb. Ozone generator performance meets U.S. EPA criteria for ozone transfer standards.
- Ozone generator pressure compensation ensures repeatable and stable ozone generation at pressures other than the original calibration pressure.
- Full, two-way RS-232 Serial Data Interface (standard) permits remote operation of the instrument including data collection, gas selection, initiation of zero, span and multi-point calibrations.
- Concentration Mode: In response to software prompting, user selects gas port, span (cylinder) gas concentration, output gas flow (total) and output gas concentration. Series 6100 automatically delivers concentrations at the total flow specified.
- Generate Ozone: Allows user to specify, then generate a precise concentration of ozone.
- Gas Phase Titration: Utilizes blend and generate ozone routines to lead user through GPT using "excess NO" method.
- Flow Mode: Allows user to manually command a desired rate of flow for each mass flow controller, individually or together, and with or without ozone.
- Display: Allows user to monitor flow rates for each mass flow controller separately. Also provides ozone oven block temperature during generate ozone and gas phase titration routines.
- Maintain Ports: User enters the name of the span gas in the source cylinder, its concentration (ppm) and the port to which the cylinder is connected.
- Concentration: ± 1.0% setpoint
- Flow: ± 1.0% setpoint
- Flow Repeatability: 0.05% F.S.O.
- Warm up time: 30 minutes
- * Performance specifications are valid when all Mass Flow Controllers are operating between 10% and 100% of full scale flow. Mass flow controllers are calibrated using a NIST traceable Primary Flow Standard, using a Reference Temperature of 25°C (77°F) and a Reference Pressure of 760 mm Hg (29.92 in. Hg)
- Ozone Generator
- Concentration Range: 0.02 - 0.5 ppm at 5 - 10 slpm
- Optional Ranges: NEW! 2 ppb low ozone; 0.05 - 1.0 ppm at 5 - 10 slpm
- Accuracy: /- 2% or /- 0.003 ppm
- Repeatability: /- 2% or /- 0.003 ppm (for 30 days)
- Inlets Balance: External 1/4" Swagelok*
- Span(s): External 1/4" Swagelok*
- Operating Pressures at inlets (flow dependent)
- Minimum: 20 psig (1.38 Bar)
- Nominal: 25 psig (1.72 Bar)
- Maximum: 30 psig (2.07 Bar)
- Wetted Surfaces
- Tubing: Teflon®
- MFCs: Stainless Steel
- Seals: Viton®
- Glass Chambers: Pyrex®
- Operating temperatures
- 32° - 122° F (0° - 50° C)
- Performance Temperature Range
- 59° - 95° F (15° - 35° C)
- Standard: 20 lbs.
- Including Options: 30 lbs.
- Dimensions (w x h x d)
- Portable: 17" x 7" x 15"
- Rack: 19" x 7" x 15"
- Voltage: 100 to 250 VAC, 50/60 Hz; 24V option available
- Current: 2 Amps (maximum)
- Front panel keypad
- Internal timer control
- RS-232 serial data interface
- I/O control (8 inputs / 8 outputs)
- RS-232 serial data interface
- I/O Control (8 inputs / 8 outputs)
- Rack Mount
- Extra Gas Inlets
- Solenoid Valve on Output
- Permeation Oven
- 3rd Mass Flow Controller