Purity of calibration gases is assured with the Series 4040 Ultra-High Purity (UHP) Gas Dilution System. Manufactured with metal seal MFC’s and orbitally welded joints, the system has minimal dead volume and maintains a low leak rate to prevent atmospheric contamination of gas calibration standards. An ideal system for providing those in the semiconductor, aerospace, research/biotech and advanced materials industries a 20 year history of reliable UHP systems with low upkeep, long lifespan, and high repeatability and accuracy.
A S4040UHP gas dilution system has an expanded capability for up to 8 MFCs. Maximum dilution range is determined by your total flow rate. The standard unit comes with USB.
The gas dilutions can be used in generating precise gas calibration standards, creating gaseous atmospheres or producing gas mixes for analytical research or production purposes. The Series 4040UHP can produce gas concentrations from percent to ppb levels for single or multi-point calibration.
The system consists of two components: the Series 4040UHP instrument and the user's personal computer. The user interface is a Microsoft® Windows application that communicates with the Environics system via a USB (standard) or RS232 serial interface. Bluetooth enabled devices running Windows software can also control the unit remotely (optional).
Additional options include the ability to remote start, remote stop, and canister filling stop all via a dry contact closure. Optional alarms available and can include visual alarms upon low input cylinder pressure.
All units are built to your specific needs and can include additional features such as cleaning for oxygen service, pressure regulation, canister filling, permeation and more. Custom systems can also be built to handle explosive gases.
The mass flow controllers are factory calibrated using a primary flow standard traceable to the United States National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Each flow controller utilizes an 11 point calibration table with linear interpolation, to increase accuracy and reduce flow controller nonlinearity.
- Dilutes gases in a balance gas at user set concentrations./li>
- Low internal volume UHP metal seal valves.
- Leak tested to 1 X 10-9 ATM cc/sec He or better
- Orbitally welded and VCR (face seal) fittings with nickel gaskets.
- Allows multi-point calibration of analyzers.
- Automatic calculation of dilution and span gas flows.
- Internally-stored Mass Flow Controller calibration tables.
- Modular design allows for additional gas circuits to be added.
- User definable cylinder library allows for easy selection of frequently used gas cylinders. Each cylinder may contain an unlimited number of component gases, with automatic K-factor calculation.
- Easy to operate software included. How-to videos available.
- DLL Drivers Available
- Concentration Mode Allows user to create a blend by entering target gas concentrations for each source gas cylinder, and the desired total output flow for the mix.
- Flow Mode Allows user to specify the flow rate of each gas cylinder.
- Program/Schedule Modes Provides the ability to program the instrument for unattended operation. Programs can be recalled and run in any sequence, at various times/dates.
- Concentration: ± 1.0% setpoint
- Flow: ± 1.0% setpoint
- Flow Repeatability: ± 0.15% setpoint
- Warm up time: 30 minutes
- Performance specifications are valid when all Mass Flow Controllers are operating between 10% and 100% of full scale flow. Mass flow controllers are calibrated using a NIST traceable Primary Flow Standard, using a Reference Temperature of 0°C (32°F) and a Reference Pressure of 760 mm Hg (29.92 in. Hg).
- Gas connections: 1/4" VCR® (or compatible fitting
- Operating Pressures (flow dependent)
- Minimum: dependent on flow rate
- Recommended: 25 psig (1.68 Bar)
- Maximum: 100 psig (6.72 Bar)
- Wetted Surfaces
- Tubing: 10 RA Electropolished Stainless Steel (Optional- Teflon, Hastellloy, Monel).
- MFCs: Stainless Steel (Optional- Hastelloy, Monel)
- Seals: 316 Stainless Steel or Nickel
- Leak Specifications: 1 x 10-9 atm cc/sec He
- Solenoids: Air operated diaphragm valves
- Operating temperatures -32° - 104° F (0° - 40° C)
- Performance temperatures - 15° - 35° F
- 2 MFC System: 18 lbs.
- 4 MFC System: 23 lbs.
- Standard Dimensions (w x h x d)
- Portable: 17" x 7" x 15"
- (43.18 cm x 17.78 cm x 38.1 cm)
- Rack: 19" x 7" x 15"
- (48.26 cm x 17.78 cm x 38.1 cm)
- 100 to 250 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- 12 Bit A/D and D/A Conversion
- USB (standard) or RS232 Serial interface
- Environics Instrument Control Software (supplied on thumbdrive or via download)
- IBM PC or compatible (486-33 or higher)
- Windows 7/8/10
- 1GB RAM
- 100 MB Hard Disk Space
- USB (standard) or RS-232 Communication port
- Additional input ports
- Additional MFC's
- Cleaned for Oxygen Service
- Silicon Coated Gas Path
- Purge Circuit
- Heated Flow Path
- Canister Filling
- Explosive Gas system