The Environics® Series 6100 Multi-Gas Calibration/Dilution System is the ideal instrument for dynamic multi-point gas calibration when working with low level gases (<1%).
The S6100 can now be ordered or retrofit to run on a 24V power source so you can use your unit anywhere.
The Series 6100 automatically performs zero, precision, span and multi-point calibrations using NO, NO2, SO2, CO, hydrocarbons and more. Custom options can be selected for calibration of ammonia, HCl and a variety of other gases of interest. The S6100 is a great option for dilutions from ppm or lower level cylinders. For higher dilutions, please refer to the S4040 and S4020 dilution systems. For ozone or NOx calibrations, see our calibrators with ozone generation.
The Series 6100 consists of a single chassis supporting up to 3 thermal mass flow controllers, an inline mixer and control electronics. Units can be built for 120V, 240V or 24V operation. Common options include permeation, humidification, heated flow path, silicone coated flow path and more.
Commands are entered from the front panel and displayed on a backlit 4 line by 20 character liquid crystal display. The instrument may also be remotely operated using contact closures or the RS-232 serial data interface, both are standard in the Series 6100.
The 6100 comes standard with two mass flow controllers, but a third can be added to support a larger range of dilutions. The mass flow controllers are calibrated to a NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) traceable primary standard. The calibration data consists of a comparison of desired versus actual flow over the full dynamic range of the instrument with linear interpolation between points. Calibration data is stored in non-volatile memory and may be updated by the user with a suitable standard.
The Series 6100 is available in either a standard rack mount or portable configuration.
- User-friendly interactive software with plain language prompts is simple to use, reducing technician training time and virtually eliminating error.
- Automatic calculation of dilution and span gas flows based on commanded concentration eliminates the need for manual computation and allows rapid transition from point to point.
- Internally-stored mass flow controller calibration data improves accuracy by as much as a factor of ten and simplifies field recalibration. Mass flow controllers are factory calibrated at 11 points.
- Full, two-way RS-232 Serial Data Interface (standard) permits remote operation of the instrument including data collection, gas selection, initiation of zero, span and multi-point calibrations.
- Concentration Mode In response to software prompting, user selects gas port, span (cylinder) gas concentration, output gas flow (total) and output gas concentration. Series 6100 automatically delivers concentrations at the total flow specified.
- Flow Mode Allows user to manually command a desired rate of flow for each mass flow controller, individually or together, and with or without ozone.
- Display Allows user to monitor flow rates for each mass flow controller separately.
- Maintain Ports User enters the name of the span gas in the source cylinder, its concentration (ppm) and the port to which the cylinder is connected.
- Concentration: ± 1.0% setpoint
- Flow: ± 1.0% setpoint
- Flow Repeatability: 0.05% F.S.O
- Warm up time: 30 minutes
Performance specifications are valid when all Mass Flow Controllers are operating between 10% and 100% of full scale flow. Mass flow controllers are calibrated using a NIST traceable Primary Flow Standard, using a Reference Temperature of 25°C (77°F) and a Reference Pressure of 760 mm Hg (29.92 in. Hg)
- Inlets Balance: External 1/4" Swagelok*
- Span(s): External 1/4" Swagelok*
- One external 1/4" Swagelok*
- *(or compatible fitting)
- Operating Pressures at inlets (flow dependent)
- Minimum: 20 psig (1.38 Bar)
- Nominal: 25 psig (1.72 Bar)
- Maximum: 30 psig (2.07 Bar)
- Wetted Surfaces
- Tubing: Teflon® (standard), 316ss (optional)
- MFCs: Stainless Steel
- Seals: Viton® (standard), Kalrez, Neoprene (optional)
- Operating temperatures
- 32° - 122° F (0° - 50° C)
- Performance Temperature Range
- 59° - 95° F (15° - 35° C)
- Standard: 20 lbs.
- Including Options: 30 lbs.
- Dimensions (w x h x d)
- Portable: 17" x 7" x 15"
- Rack: 19" x 7" x 15"
- Voltage: 100 to 250 VAC, 50/60 Hz; 24V option available
- Current: 2 Amps (maximum)
- Front panel keypad
- Internal timer control
- RS-232 serial data interface
- I/O control (8 inputs / 8 outputs)
- RS-232 serial data interface
- I/O Control (8 inputs / 8 outputs)
- 3rd Mass Flow Controller
- Rack Mount
- Extra Gas Inlets - up to 6 span ports for 2 MFC system and up to 5 span ports for 3 MFC system
- Permeation Oven
- Various Seal Materials including Teflon and Kalrez
- Cleaned for Oxygen Service
- Silicon Coated Gas Path
- Heated Flow Path