Reduced Oxygen Breathing Device 3 (ROBD3)
Customizable unit in final development!
The Environics® Series Reduced Oxygen Breathing Device 3 is the newest in our line of systems that simulate altitude exposure and can be utilized for both research and hypoxia training. It is customizable for expanded research capabilities.
In addition to hypoxia training, the ROBD "Hot Key" feature can be included to allow you to simulate a failure in back up emergency oxygen. This is available for all existing and new ROBD. Contact us today for more information!
Features of the ROBD3
- Large touch screen user interface (no remote mode)
- A new pulse oximeter with integrated touch screen interface
- Enter one flow rate for all altitudes between 40 and 80 LPM
- Breathing bag is replaced with an internal reservoir, generating a faster refresh rate to the mask.
- Addition of an inline Oxygen filter.
- Pulse ox probe connection moved to the rear of the chassis
- HRT is the only program type.
- Customizable for research, including addition of CO2
STANDARD FEATURES OF THE ROBD3
- 0-40,000 feet elevation
- 21% oxygen to 4.4% oxygen
- Integrated pulse oximeter
- Integrated oxygen analyzer
- Emergency Oxygen dump switch for delivery of 100% oxygen
- Contact Environics to discuss your custom needs!
- Wheeled shipping case with dual handles, One-piece construction, molded from lightweight, high-impact polyethylene
- Dual stage regulators with braided hoses
- Additional pulse oximeter probes, sensors
- Simulator Accessory Package
Aircrew training and research
Application Document: US Navy - Mask-On Hypoxia Training for Tactical Jet Aviators (PDF)
Application Document: Hypoxia Recognition and Recovery Training for Commercial Pilots and Cabin Crew (Powerpoint)
- Clinical research
- High altitude training and research
- Medical stress testing
- Hypoxia Simulator
Power Input: 110 to 240 VAC
EMI / RFI protected
Standard: 1/4" FNPT
Pressure: Nitrogen and air: 40 psig
Oxygen: 20 psig
Optional: Rear panel quick disconnect fittings with SS braided hoses and regulators
Gas input color codes
Nitrogen: CGA 580 (BLACK)
Air: CGA 346 (YELLOW)
Oxygen: CGA 540 (GREEN)
Capacity: One Subject Under Test (SUT) at a time.
Oxygen Dump: 100% oxygen dump switch to be activated by the operator.
Built in displays for both pulse and SpO2
User selectable alarm settings
Finger tip probe or Y sensor with ear clips
SpO2 (Oxygen Saturation)
Accuracy: (for 1 standard deviation or 68% of sample distribution)
+/- 2% SpO2 (for 80-100% SpO2)
Display Resolution: 1%
Range: 0-300 beats per minute (bpm)
Accuracy: +/- 1% of full scale (for 1 standard deviation or 68% of sample distribution)
Display Resolution: 1 bpm
Range: 1 - 100% oxygen
Accuracy: Less than +/- 1.0% oxygen at constant temperature and pressure
(when calibrated in air and 100% oxygen)
Resolution: 0.1% oxygen
Output range: User programmable for altitude / oxygen concentration and duration at each step
Altitude range: 0 ft to 40,000 ft
Incremental adjustment of altitude: 1 foot
Maximum ascent/descent rate: 60,000 feet per minute
Minimum ascent/descent rate: 1 foot per minute
Breathing mask connector: MS 22058-2
Height: 12.0" (30.48 cm)
Width: 17.5" (44.45 cm)
Length: 23.5" (59.69 cm)
Weight: 55 lbs (20.4 kg)
Voltage: 110-240 VAC ( +/- 10%), 50/60 HZ
Power consumption: 55 watts
15° C to 35° C
Storage Temperature Range
-10° C to 50° C
Environics is a registered trademark of Environics Inc. Other trade names or brand names are the property of their respective holders. We hope the information given here will be helpful. It is based on data and knowledge considered to be true and accurate and is offered for the users' consideration, investigation and verification, but we do not warrant the results to be obtained. All specifications and descriptions contained herein are subject to change without notice. Please read all statements, recommendations or suggestions in conjunction with our conditions of sale which apply to all goods supplied by us. No statement, recommendation, or suggestion is intended for any use which would infringe any patent or copyright.